1. Castle of ArcolaArcola Castle stands on top of the Hill, overlooking the plain of the river Magra, Sarzana and its construction, according to some sources dates back to 1128 at the hands of the Obertenghi-quoted then writing of those years as a donation to the monastery of Saint Venerius of Tino and then passed to descendants Malaspina. Over 1200 was prey to numerous sieges and attacks, including that of the Republic of Genoa to the conquest of the feud; the assaults of the Serenissima fell to carpet the castle that was rebuilt from scratch and converted into feudal Palace. From the consequences of the French Revolution and the Napoleonic Empire's expansionist Mania bombings of early ' 800, the small town of Arcola with her proud Castle, then restored over the years, are proud witnesses of the Ligurian and Italian history. Even today, majestically dominating over the Valley and visitable, seat of the municipality of Arcola.2. Bonassola Castle and the remains of the Tower ArdoinoThe increasingly frequent pirate raids resulted in half of the 500 at the meeting of the inhabitants of Bonassola Montaretto and St George in the Church of Framura to discuss the erection of a strongpoint, laying the groundwork for the construction of a tower at the marina of Bonassola. Just below San Giorgio are the ruins of this ancient artifact defensively, built by local men from 1544 and so named because the Ardoino were at that time the Lords of the place. A few years later, the report on the possible building of the castle was given to the Genoese Senate decided to build on a hill behind the village. During the 19th century, now no longer necessary for defensive purposes, it was transformed into a small cemetery.
3. Calice al Cornoviglio-Doria Castle MalaspinaThe castle of Calice al Cornoviglio has ancient origins but do not know the exact date of her birth. During the early Middle Ages the fiefdom passed to the branch obertengo degli Estensi and later the ubiquitous Malaspina who, in the 13th century, found themselves facing the attacks of the Bishop of Luni. During the 13th and 14th century feudal property underwent several changes of ownership until Azzone Malaspina of Lusuolo. The contention between the different branches of the family to rule over the chalice was rudely interrupted in 1416, by the employment of troops of the Republic of Genoa, delivered to the Fieschi. The Castle has been over the years always object of desire and strife between the two Ligurian families until 1772, when it was permanently ceded to Pietro Leopoldo Grand Duke of Tuscany-as they say: between the two litigants, the third enjoys! By proclamation of the unification of Italy, town hall until 1993 and recently became seat of the Pinacoteca "David Baca", home of the little Museum "Pietro Rosa" of C.E.A. (Centre for environmental education), and the Museum of beekeeping»